Welcome to Dagger, a programmable CI/CD engine that runs your pipelines in containers.
This tutorial introduces you to Dagger and the "Dagger way" of building portable CI pipelines.
It walks you, step by step, through the process of creating and refining a CI pipeline to test, build and publish an example application with a Dagger SDK.
What you will learn
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Install the Dagger SDK for your preferred language
- Create a Dagger client using the SDK
- Create a simple Dagger pipeline to understand the basics of Dagger
- Create a more complex Dagger pipeline to test and build an application
- Improve the Dagger pipeline to containerize and publish the application to a registry
- Optimize the Dagger pipeline with caching and multi-stage builds
- Use your existing Dockerfiles with Dagger
You can use this tutorial in two ways:
You can download the example application to your local development environment, and then copy and run the code snippets on your host system.
You can use our embedded API Playground to run the code snippets in your browser.
- The API Playground has the example application and SDKs pre-installed, so this option does not require any software to be downloaded or installed on your host system.