What is Dagger?
This documentation is for an older version of Dagger, which is no longer actively maintained.
We encourage you to upgrade and refer to the documentation for the most current version.
If you cannot upgrade to the latest version, please contact us in the help forum on Discord. When contacting us, please let us know why you cannot move to the latest version. From there, our team will work with you on your use case.
Dagger is a portable devkit for CICD. It helps you develop powerful CICD pipelines that can run anywhere.
- Choose from a wide catalog of reusable actions, or create your own in your favorite programming language.
- Tie it all together with CUE, the next-generation declarative language invented at Google. No more YAML hell!
- Unify dev and CI. The same Dagger pipeline can run on your dev machine or in CI. All you need is a Docker-compatible runtime.
- Avoid CI lock-in. Dagger runs natively on GitHub Actions, GitLab, CircleCI, Jenkins, AWS Codebuild, Tekton, and more.
- Test and debug your pipelines locally; catch configuration errors in seconds with static type checking.
Dagger is alpha software
Warning! Dagger is alpha-quality software. It has many bugs, the user interface is minimal, and it may change in incompatible ways at any time. If you are still willing to try it, thank you! We appreciate your help and encourage you to ask questions and report issues.